- The foundation messes around with gas prices
- The network upgrade that integrates four EIPs is Berlin hard fork.
- Devcon is organized by the Ethereum Foundation (EF).
The organization that supports the block of the same name is the Ethereum Foundation. The recent Berlin hard fork said, the foundation messes around with gas prices, new transaction types allowed on the blockchain to the platform.
Moreover, a non-profit organization exclusive to support Ethereum and related technologies, known as Ethereum Foundation (EF). Even though, Ethereum foundation is not a company or even a traditional non-profit.
Accordingly, on Thursday Ethereum’s Berlin hard fork went live at block 12,244,000. Although, the network upgrade integrates four Ethereum Improvement Proposals (EIPs) in Berlin’s hard fork.
The Four Ethereum Improvement Proposals (EIPs):
- EIP-2565, for a specific transaction’s gas cost, will reduce
- EIP-2718, Using envelope transactions, all types of transactions made.
- EIP-2929, For opcode transactions, gas costs increased
- EIP-2930, Allows its users to create templates for futures
Notably, the capital of Germany that played host to the first Ethereum Devcon, names the Berlin hard fork. Even more, the old Ethereum clients will not be consistent with upgraded ones.
Hence more, Devcon is organized by the Ethereum Foundation (EF). The annual conference for all Ethereum developers, researchers, thinkers, and makers.
However, the defect that left the protocol vulnerable to attack is an open secret in the Ethereum platform. Notably, the foundation in their blog post said about the disclosing of the problem.
Henceforth, The Ethereum Foundation said, about disclosing the revised compulsion in the interest of transparency. Accordingly, the foundation said,
“We estimate that the threat is low enough that transparency trumps, and it’s time to make a full disclosure about the works behind the scenes”
Recommended for You