- NFT platform Sorare closing in on $532M funding round
- The recent fundraising round, supposed to be led by SoftBank.
- Sorare positioned 6th on the list of top NFT collectible projects.
Sorare, a global fantasy football game where players can play with officially licensed digital cards, closing in on a $532 million funding round with a valuation of at least $3.8 billion. It expected to announce a major new part of funding as investor demand for non-fungible tokens (NFT) continues to soar.
Moreover, the recent fundraising round, supposed to lead by Japanese telecommunications giant SoftBank. Along with participation from European venture capital firm Atomico.
Furthermore, other possible backers include French funds Eurazeo, an asset manager with over $27 billion belongings under management. And Blisce, a fund set up by French entrepreneur and philanthropist Alexandre Mars. Also, the report noted that the US fund may also join the round.
More so, the CEO of Sorare Nicolas Julia refuse that a funding round was taking place. Although the round, said to be close to being finalized, also the details may change.
In 2018, Sorare, founded and the platform‘s NFT-based soccer collectible card game now contains 142 licensed teams from top leagues globally. Such as Liverpool from the English Premier League, Real Madrid of the La Liga in Spain, Paris Saint-German from Ligue1 in France, and Bayern Munich of the German Bundesliga.
Henceforth, Sorare, positioned 6th on the list of top NFT collectible projects, according to data from DappRadar. Also seen $12.37 million worth of sales volume over the last 30 days `from a total of 9251 traders.
Additionally, in February Sorare raised a $50 million Series A round which was led by Benchmark Capital alongside Accel, Reddit co-founder Alexis Ohanian and Barcelona and France soccer start Antoine Griezman.
Recommended for You
- Blockchain Collectible Firm Sorare Raises $50M for NFT Fantasy Sports
- German Football Association (DFB) goals NFT with Sorare
- Cryptocurrency Firm Ledger Raises a $380 Million Series C Funding Round
- Crypto Exchange FTX Raised $900M in Series B Funding Round
- Future of the Non-Fungible Tokens (NFT) In 10 Years