- Twitter is also exploring NFT authentication.
- Twitter also stated that the functionality would soon be available for Android users.
Users will be able to transfer bitcoin amongst one another using Twitter’s new capabilities. Twitter is adding Bitcoin to its Tips feature, which previously enabled users to donate money to others through PayPal and other third-party services.
Starting today, users may connect their bitcoin wallet to their profile. And transfer bitcoin straight from the app via Strike, a third-party payment tool based on the Bitcoin Lightning Network.
Tips were previously only available to select users but will soon be available to all iPhone users. Twitter said customers in Africa might not have access to conventional carriers; therefore, bitcoin is “one of the best solutions” available.
In a recent video, the lightning network platform demonstrated how Twitter is one of the world’s more effective value-transmission platforms. Twitter also stated that the functionality would soon be available for Android users.
Tipping is completely on third-party systems. Therefore, it does not get a share of contributions. In the case of a bitcoin lightning wallet invoice, Twitter will send a notice to the recipient that may be responded to using a predefined message or emojis.
Strike CEO Jack Mallers wrote:
“Starting today, Twitter will allow all iOS users around the globe to send tips over the Lightning Network.”
NFT Ownership on Twitter
Twitter is also exploring NFT authentication, allowing users to immediately link their crypto wallets and show off their NFT ownership on Twitter.
Users may now unsubscribe followers, which was previously done through ‘soft blocking,’ when someone blocks and then unblocks a user.
This will bring about a huge change as users will exchange bitcoin with minimal fees almost instantly across borders through the lightning network integration on Twitter.
Recommended for You
- Robert Kiyosaki Urges People To Invest in Crypto
- Five Trending Cryptocurrencies in the Market Today
- Axie Infinity’s Transaction Volume Crosses $2 Billion
- Solana (SOL) Upswing Towards $200 Soon as Bulls Get Ready
- Over 10 New Crypto Coins Launched Daily, CoinMarketCap Data Reveals
- Top Crypto Price Updates- Bitcoin Drops Below $42,900; Ether Near $2,900